Welcome to the website of the
Historical Society of East Hartford

 
CONTENTS

Historical Society
Homepage

What We Do
- Makens Bemont House
- Goodwin Schoolhouse
- Burnham Blacksmith Shop
- Brewer House

Our Officers
How To Join
To Contact Us
SNET 2000 Mil Grant

Newsletters

Programs

History Online
East Hartford Refs
Research CT

Updates
Recent Updates

Sponsors
$0 Web Hosting
  Burnham Blacksmith Shop

This is the Burnham Blacksmith Shop, built ca. 1850 on the Burnham Farm in East Hartford. This building contains late 19th/early 20th century tools and equipment used in the East Hartford area. Visitors will see horse harnesses, tobacco tools, household utensils, blacksmith forges, and more. This shop is the youngest of the three historic buildings in Martin Park. The Historical Society opens this building to the public during the summer.