Welcome to the website of the
Historical Society of East Hartford

 
CONTENTS

Historical Society
Homepage

What We Do
- Makens Bemont House
- Goodwin Schoolhouse
- Burnham Blacksmith Shop
- Brewer House

Our Officers
How To Join
To Contact Us
SNET 2000 Mil Grant

Newsletters

Programs

History Online
East Hartford Refs
Research CT

Updates
Recent Updates

Sponsors
$0 Web Hosting
  Goodwin Schoolhouse

The Goodwin Schoolhouse was built in East Hartford in 1820 by Mr. Goodwin, a local paper manufacturer. Mr. Goodwin built the school on his property and hired a teacher to teach his own and the neighboring children. His school was used as a school until 1855. In that year the children started attending the local East Hartford schools. It is one of the 3 historic buildings in Martin Park shown by the Historical Society during the summer.